I first bought this back in 2014 or 2015, and after doing a basecoat of black and some really bad edge highlighting, I just sort of sat on it. Frankly, I also just forgot I had it as it was in a box labeled "WARHAMMER 40K STUFF" next to my desk at work. While digging for some other bits I remember saving, I unearthed this again and figured it would be fun to fix it up.
I have yet to learn how to do a marble/stone look, at least compared to the more official look of the Dark Talon, so I figured I'd do my new green gradient on it instead. Luckily I think that ended up looking way better, as it still keeps that classic Dark Angel green motif. I'm really happy with how this looks, actually.
The base was another fun side project. I started with some plaster to created a curved hill-like starting point. From there, I covered it in a couple carved foam rocks, coarse sand, fine sand, and some gravel. Once that was glued, I primed the entire thing black and then started painting it back up with various shades of browns and grays and whites. Finally, I glued down some pre-made tufts and flock to give it that extra detail.